Jordan Mowbray is an Australian born in Belmont on the shores of Lake Macquarie . He has built a career as an international mariner and young adventurer having been around boats before he could walk. Jordan was awarded his qualification as a Royal Yachting Association Yachtmaster before turning 18 years old but was not able to be certified until turning 18. He is one the youngest Australians to achieve this qualification.
Jordan first sailed to Antarctica when he was 12 years old. His passion for Antarctica, The Cape Horn area and Patagonia is as strong as ever and he is motivated to share this part of the world with as many people as he can.
- Antarctic voyages: since 2006
- Cape Horn roundings: 20+ times
- Tierra del Fuego/Patagonia: Since 2006
- Great Southern Ocean crossing: Australia to Cape Horn, 42 days
- Chartering/sailing in Bay of Islands, NZ
- Chartering/sailing in Fiji, Tahiti and South Pacific
- First Mate, 43m Motor Yacht (USA & Caribbean)
- First mate/Engineer, 30m Motor Yacht (USA, Bahamas & Caribbean)
- Watch leader/various deck positions on super yachts throughout USA,
Bahamas & Caribbean
- Sailed competitively in dinghies from the age of 8.
- RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Yachtmaster Offshore, commercially endorsed
- VHF Radio operators licence
- MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency UK) Personal Watercraft Instructor
- RYA STCW’95
- NSW Boat drivers Licence
- ENG1 Medical Certificate
- Cayman Islands Seaman’s Discharge Book
Tony Mowbray grew up on Lake Macquarie, NSW Australia about 2hrs drive north of Sydney. The “Lake” was his playground as a child learning to swim, fish, catch prawns, row a boat and do all the things kids do. At age 11yrs of age he started sailing with his lifelong mentor, Bob Snape.
At 14 yrs. of age for the 1st time he ventured out on to the open ocean and was hooked as the 1st swell rolled under the boat.In 1973 aged 18 years he sailed his 1st Sydney to Hobart race and simply cannot get enough of the ocean. In 2000/2001 he became just the 6th Australian to sail solo, non-stop and unassisted around the world spending 181 days continuously at sea. He has two beautiful children, Holly & Jordan to whom he is totally dedicated .
Since 2001 Tony has been, an in demand international motivational and inspirational conference speaker ….For more information please go to www.tonymowbray.com.au
- 2000/2001 solo non-stop and unassisted around the world spending 181 days at sea
- 15 Sydney to Hobart races from 1973 to 2001 (aged 18yrs in his 1st one in 1973)
- 1998 Sydney to Hobart race which tragically claimed the lives of 6 men
- 1994 sailed two handed non-stop unassisted around Australia spending 54 days at sea
- 2002 solo Trans-Tasman race NZ to Australia
- NZ to Australia Solo and crewed 8 times
- 2003/2004 7 week Antarctic expedition to Mawson’s hut. Windiest place on earth at sea level
- Southern Ocean from Australia to Cape Horn 3 times
- 2006 to present Antarctic Peninsula extensively
- 2006 to present Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego extensively
- Sth Pacific including Tahiti, Cook Islands, Bay of Islands, Fiji extensively
- Great Barrier Reef extensively